One Small Thing: Katie Fforde

I think my slippers are the most comforting thing I own because they offer warmth and comfort even before I’ve got my feet into them.  They’re not sloppy - I like my feet to feel a bit supported - but they enclose my feet so they feel hugged.  

I put them on first thing and instantly feel better - especially if I’ve had a bad night.

There does come a point in the day when I feel I must take them off and put on proper shoes (although none of my shoes are very proper - comfort over style every time) I am always reluctant.  I don’t always put them on again later but sometimes if I’m a bit cold, or a bit anxious, I put them on in the late afternoon.  



*

Thank you, Katie. As someone who has spent the last eight weeks in Uggs and comforting old jumpers I hear you. Stay safe, stay well, stay home x

You can find out more about Katie's work here.

Penguin have a special bundle offer, and Katie's Practically Perfect is a 99p Amazon pick for May.