My Favourite Things: Talli Roland

Today, I'm delighted to welcome Talli Roland to WKDN, with a guest post in the series 'My Favourite Things' - over to Talli ..!


My Favourite Things

How to narrow it down to five? Well, I'll give it a go, starting with . . .

1. Wine!

I'd be remiss if I didn't make this my number one. Red, white, pink . . . I'll drink anything (well, maybe not anything, but I have consumed Tesco's Finest on occasion). I love a glass or two at the end of the day -- otherwise known as 'wine o'clock' -- once the baby is down and the night is still young.

A glass of wine close to Canal St-Martin, Paris. Wine tastes better in France, for some reason... 

2. Reading in bed. 

I can't  understand people who throw back the covers, turn off the light, and snooze. To me, reading before going to sleep is the best bit of the day (after wine o'clock). As long as it's not horror or crime, I'm happy to settle down with a memoir, travelogue, romance . . . anything that will soothe and lull me off to sleep.



3. The Daily Mail. 




I know, I know, it's a controversial choice and I probably shouldn't be admitting to it, but the day is not complete without a gander through The Daily Mail's website. What can I say: I like reading about cancer-causing vegetables and immigrants overrunning the nation (I'm one of them!). 


4. Early mornings. 

I'm often up before dawn even cracks to try to get in some writing. While rolling from the warm, cosy bed can be torture, once I'm up with my cup of coffee in-hand, I relish the peace, the quiet, and the possibilities of the day ahead. It's all good until I hit about noon . . . 


5. My homeland!

I grew up in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I miss the ocean, the space, the trees, the people. 

On Queensland Beach, Nova Scotia.
I visit at least once a year, but it's never the same as living there. 

And there you have it! Five of my favourite things. Thank you, Kate, for hosting me!


For Lucy, the best Christmas present is forgetting the past. Eager to banish the ghost of Christmas past – when her boyfriend dumped her on the streets of Paris – Lucy is determined to make this the best Christmas ever. She rallies friends and family for an epic celebration that just happens to fall on the same day as her ex’s festive wedding. Furious at how she’s been treated, Lucy can’t help relishing the party v wedding smackdown.  But when the wedding is threatened and only Lucy can help, can she find the spirit inside to save the day, or will this Christmas be even more disastrous than the last?

Available on Amazon UK; Amazon US.

You can find out more about Talli's bestselling romantic fiction here.