Kiss Me Kate

Not one kiss, but two - what a swell day. It was incredible seeing London in the Spring, the beautiful McQueen gown, the thousands of happy people lining the Mall. Watching from the compound cinema thousands of miles away it made me proud to be British - and rather homesick. Seeing images of streets and parks only a short distance from where the pilot and I married was moving. We walked from the church along the Thames with our guests to a reception at Fulham Palace - it was magical. I don't know about you, but today has made me think of what it was like to be young and full of love, and hope - and it's made me think of home.

I always love seeing writers' and artists' homes - it was always one of the big privileges of my 'day job' visiting studios to select work. I remember minimalist studios overlooking the Seine where calligraphers worked with jars of ink stained brushes, and ramshackle workshops on the wrong side of the tracks with steel and welding equipment. They were all great. We've looked at a few writers' rooms on WKDN in the past, and today it's my turn - Deborah Carr (you must check out her great blog), interviewed me for 'My Writing Room'. My nine year old sighed when she looked at the article: 'Oh Mum,' she said, 'it's so ... messy.' Enjoy.