Everyday I Write the Book ...
This is for all the excellent girls and boys who are writing (and reading!) their books. The lovely Pseudonymous Highschool Teacher has given WKDN a Kreativ Blog Award - thank you! Your beautiful images of Hawaii and inspirational tales make me miss it everyday - and now this! The first award - I'm really touched (but promise I won't do a Gwynneth) - I'd just like to thank all of you who come by regularly - your comments and thoughts really make this blog.
I'm guessing from the Creative with a K the award originated in Germany or Holland? The idea is to list six things that make you happy, then give the award to six creative individuals, who in turn list their six things if they want to and award it to six blogs they love, linking back. There are heaps of things that would make me happy, some of which aren't that relevant this afternoon - they are happy memories or wishful thinking (oysters at Wepler, size 10 jeans, finding the perfect winter boots on sale, a peaceful hour in a gallery or bookstore with The Book in the bestseller section ...), and others that are more relevant (the hope that a truly great man has just been elected in the US). Perhaps simple is best:
Today happiness is:
- grabbing an extra five minutes sleep on a cold morning with everyone cuddled up together (little warm sleepy people in pyjamas clambering in beside you)
- that first 'take a deep breath catch up with yourself' cup of coffee after the morning mad dash
- letting the hound off the lead and watching her race into a misty field
- the blazing autumn colours - yellows, bronze and gold leaves falling as you walk
- chopping veggies for soup, a steamy kitchen, dancing with the (newly) 3 year old to 'Superstition'
- knowing there is a stack of scribbled notes and images to immerse myself in tonight once the children are asleep and the pilot's happily on his way to Barbados - the anticipation and excitement of being lost in a new piece of work again
Thank you all for Flying Girl, beautiful photographs - (that Madonna!), creative nachos, inspiring photo stories, dreams of llamas and lavagirl costumes! Your blogs make my day - and the way you all balance your lives so creatively is what this little blog is all about trying to achieve.
TODAY'S PROMPT: There are heaps of things to worry about at the moment so taking some time to think of six simple things that make you happy is a great exercise for everyone. Why not make it a regular habit - just jot down in your journal six things that have made you happy that day. It's amazing how being thankful for what's good in your life - however small - enhances your sense of wellbeing and good fortune.