One Small Thing: Jane Green

I have been struggling with focus during lockdown, and up until this week, haven’t been able to write. What has kept me busy, and calm, is making these oyster shells. I collect them from the beach at the end of my road, design or tweak the artwork, decoupage them, then paint on gold leaf and varnish. I have no idea what I’m going to do with all of them, although each time I post about them, I end up selling them, which is probably a good thing!



I can’t stop, and each one brings me immeasurable joy.





Jane Green's new novel The Friends We Keep has just been released. You can find out more about Jane's work here, and order from Amazon or Waterstones.

The Friends We Keep is the heartwarming and unforgettable New York Times bestselling novel from Jane Green, author of The Sunshine Sisters and The Beach House.
Evvie, Maggie, and Topher have known one another since college. Their friendship was something they swore would last forever. Now years have passed, the friends have drifted apart, and they never found the lives they wanted--the lives they dreamed of when they were young and everything seemed possible.
Evvie starved herself to become a supermodel but derailed her career by sleeping with a married man.
Maggie married Ben, the boy she fell in love with in college, never imagining the heartbreak his drinking would cause.
Topher became a successful actor, but the shame of a childhood secret shut him off from real intimacy.
By their thirtieth reunion, these old friends have lost touch with one another and with the people they dreamed of becoming. Together again, they have a second chance at happiness...until a dark secret is revealed that changes everything.
The Friends We Keep is about how despite disappointments we've had or mistakes we've made, it's never too late to find a place to call home.


Stay well, stay safe, stay home.