Interlude



Writing is all about making sense of life, but sometimes it just doesn't. Someone I loved very, very much in the family has died suddenly. Tonight everyone from a three year old boy who doesn't understand he can't put a superman cape on and 'save her from heaven', to her 92 year old mother is grieving.

The funny thing is you write about family, love, and loss every day. It doesn't make it any easier when you are broken open with sudden grief. How can someone just be gone? Everything about her was so vital - the scent of Miss Dior, the long chatty phonecalls, the warmth of her heart and her home.

I'm going to take a few weeks' break from WKDN while I try and come to terms with this (not going to be much use to you in the Prompts department while I can't make sense of anything). It's an interlude - I'll be back. In the meantime keep writing, and hold your loved ones close - it all goes by too fast. x